Friday 8 June 2012

Day 1 

First Task



My Trainers

I currently own 9 pairs of trainers

4 of these are Converse
3 Pairs of Vans
1 Pair of Nikes
1 Pair of Adidas



Converse


Out of the 9 pairs i have, i would only consider 5 of them as pairs that i would actually wear. The others are either old and battered, or i have just grown out of them.
This is a pair of my white converse that i still wear:



These are converse all stars

I have had these for around two years now. I bought them from office. Office is the place where i buy mostly all of my shoes from. Office are good because they don't just stick to one brand, they supply all types of trainers so when you walk in and have a look on the shelves, you have a large array of shoes to choose from and it is easy to spot the ones you like. 

These are the only pair of trainers that I can actually wear with anything. They are just plain white and this means that any pair of jeans, chinos or other trousers you wear won't clash with them. This is why I have had them for so long and haven't had to replace them with other ones of a different colour because they go with whatever you are wearing. I will wear these trainers if I am just popping out to the shops, going to the park with my friends, or any other casual outing. The only reason that stops me from wearing them when I go out to a more formal event is that they are quite dirty. I can clean the mud off of the sole, but there is quite a bit of mud on the fabric part of the shoe and this is hard to clean off, which makes them less presentable. 

On the shoe there are 2 strips, a maroon strip and a blue strip. These aren't too noticeable but I think they are very cleverly included on the shoe as they attract attention from potential buyers when they are on a shelf as they it makes the shoes look less plain. The shape of the shoes are really good. I don't like shoes when they are too pointy but at the same time, a slight point can make the trainers look a whole lot better and that is what i like about these converse, the shape is perfect so they look smart and casual at the same time. These trainers are my most prized pair as I have owned them the longest, along with another pair of exactly the same pair that got ruined in the rain but I loved the style and these converse so much that I bought exactly the same pair again. Here are the pair I had before that got ruined in which I had to replace them : 


As you can see these have been completely ruined and the colour has completely changed. These converse would be a lot more efficient if they were easier to clean as they would last much longer.


As you can see I have kept these incredibly clean. I have kept them this clean because these are the trainers I wear out to a more formal event. Obviously not a strictly formal event but an event that is a little less casual than just going to the park. 

I bought these from offspring in camden. The offspring shop in camden is amazing for all different types of shoes. Here is a link to my converse and other shoes on the offspring website: 

http://www.offspring.co.uk/perl/go.pl/style.htm?style_uid=5736&color_uid=17578

I have another pair of converse that I don't wear anymore because i have completely grown out of the style. I am not quite sure what these ones are called:


These for me are completely not my style anymore. There was a point where I loved these shoes and they were the only trainers I would wear, but I have completely gone off them. I think the shape is a major put off. They look really long when you have them on, even though they are only a size 7. i would never wear these converse again. The design is also a bit childish for me, the arrow and star no longer appeals to me. 

Vans

I own 3 pairs of vans: 


The pair on the left are my first pair. These are black and checkered. I no longer wear these out because I have completely ruined them. Until I made a hole in the front, I would still wear them out. There is something about vans that allows you to wear them out even if they are battered. This is something that you can't really do with converse because it won't look right. 

The middle pair were my second pair of vans. I got these about a year ago from office and they are still in extremely good condition. I wear these out with certain clothes that go with them, for example blue chinos or a blue cardigan. They still appeal to me as nice trainers and I think they will last me quite a long time.

The pair on the right are my most recent pair of vans. I bought these about 3 months ago, also from office. They go with a lot of my clothes, this is why I bought them. As I own a lot of grey clothes, the grey on the shoes goes with that. These are suede vans, which means I need to be careful where I wear them because if they get wet, the suede can get ruined very easily. 

Others


The pair on the left were my first pair of shoes that were nike, I have had one other pair but they ripped so I had to throw them away. I don't quite know why i bought these as I have never had any intention of wearing them. They are completely not my style. I have worn them a few times out and about and the insoles have already ripped. These are by far the worst pair of trainers I have purchased and I will not be buying nike again. 

The pair on the right are adidas nizzas hi x porters. I don't often wear these out but they are still shoes that appeal to me. I got them off Ebay. Ebay is a good place to shop for trainers as they have a wide range and alot of the trainers aren't found in shops. These adidas's caught my eye so I bought them and I would still consider wearing them today. 


Overall my favourite pair are my converse leathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment