Friday 15 June 2012

Day 8 

Task 7


Vans on Youtube

Similar to yesterdays blog, this task is all about youtube and other videos. Vans on youtube is all about skateboarding. As soon as you go onto the page, the first video is about skateboarding. This is an advantage and a disadvantage because it is only aimed at one category of people, those who like skateboarding, but I guess people who aren't into skateboarding could enjoy the videos too. From these videos I understand that vans are souly made for skating, but they are now becoming more trendy and worn by not just skaters.

I already knew that vans were designed for skaters so this is what I expected vans to do. This is one of the videos I enjoyed on the vans youtube page:


This is completely different to the converse videos as converse were about advertising and events and vans are about events and skateboarding.

Latest Video


I don't really understand the 'latest video' on the vans website. It is completely different to what I am seeing on youtube and this tells me that vans are not just about skateboarding, they are developing more than just that. It isn't what I expected vans to do at all but now that i've seen this, I know to expect more than just skateboarding from vans.

No comments:

Post a Comment