Tuesday 12 June 2012

Day 5


Fourth Task


VANS


As soon as I went onto the vans website, I got the impression that the site was more about news and updates than about shoes. I know vans for the trainers they sell and the website was not about them at all. On the page there are a few little icons that say products, stores etc, but the rest is all about news. This news is all related to sports BMX and Skateboarding. This doesn't interest me at all and to be honest i'm very disappointed with the vans website as I thought they would be a bit more creative and more about the actual shoes them selves and that they would be the main focus point. Overall I think the converse website is a lot better than the vans website. I is better laid out and easy to get your head around and understand where things are.

The shoes in particular are really nice. I am a big fan of vans so obviously keeping that in mind, me going onto the vans website, I am going to see a lot that I like. I'm a big fans of the plain vans. Again, like I said about the converse I prefer the more plain ones because the style of the shoe stands out more and I prefer it where there isn't too much going on. There are some really nice shoes on this website that I haven't seen before in shops. These are some I have taken a liking to:



















ADIDAS


The adidas website was very different to the vans website. As soon as I went onto the website a giant picture of some footballers appeared and the text 'Unleash Your Pride', and at the bottom of the picture it said 'shop for euro 2012 jerseys'. Adidas are focusing more on shirts and other clothing at the moment with the Euro 2012 tournament going on, rather than shoes as their main priority.

I am not a big fan of adidas at all. I own some adidas football boots but that is about it. I would never go onto the adidas website to find some new trainers. But saying that I do own a pair that I bought off of ebay that I thought were very nice so maybe if some other trainers come out like that I might be interested. But if I thought I needed a new pair of shoes I would go onto the converse, vans or office website to see if there were any new shoes that I liked and might want to get.


















I still think the converse website is a lot better for shopping for trainers as they are the main focus of the website. There are some other things on the website but they are less dominant compared to the vans and adidas website where shoes are not the main priority and do not stand out enough.

Take The Stage

I think the take the stage idea is a bit dry to be honest. I understand what they are trying to do but in my own opinion, I would not go onto the website just to have a look at what is going on. I have seen the advert on TV with quite a few big name celebrities and I think that this will interest a lot of people but it's not for me really.

No comments:

Post a Comment