Sunday 10 June 2012

Day 3


Second Task


Today I went to brent cross to have a more detailed look at the shoe shop office. Office is the shop I go to when I need some new shoes as they sell all the shoes that fit my style such as vans, converse, nike and other brands that I may consider if they bought out a new style.

As soon as I walked into the shop I was greeted by a member of staff from the shop, this was nice and inviting as it made me feel more at home and I know where to go if I need help with anything. The shop window is just plain, transparent glass with shoes displayed behind the glass. I think this is a good marketing technique as it lures potential buyers in. For example if a customer was walking past and saw a pair of shoes that he or she liked, it could attract them to the store and get them a sale. The service in the store was not very good. I asked for a pair of size nines and it took quite a while for the shoes to be brought to me. The way the shoes are displayed on the shelves is really good. they are displayed side ways so the customers can get a clear view of what they look like.

The trainers that were particularly appealing were the vans. This was because they were well advertised. There was a large VANS logo above them, with all the shoes displayed nicely and neatly underneath. I also like the fact that with vans, they are all exactly the same shape, but the colours and style change to make the different types. This looks attractive when on the shelves because the variety attracts customers.

The nike trainers stood out the most. This is for a simple reason that they are the biggest shoes and there was quite a lot to choose from. They are also the most colourful. The new range of 'nike blazers' had a wide range of colours and this stood out a lot when looking at the shoes.

There were a few displays in the store. There was a display for the cheaper shoes and the ones they need to get rid of but there wasn't really any stand out displays to really attract buyers. A display that was clearly branded and looked nice would have been good in the store as it will attract buyers over to it if the design and what it looks like is good enough to attract people to have a look a the shoes that are on this display. The store is quite plain and there isn't much to it. The shoes are on the walls either side of the store and there isn't much standing out. there are a few little displays in the middle of the store with some woman's shoes on but nothing to really grab the eye of potential buyers.

There isn't really much else that stood out to me. The store is a bit plain and I think this is something that can be improved by a better interior designer and more creativeness could be used.


No comments:

Post a Comment