Monday 11 June 2012

Day 4

Third Task

I've had a look around the converse website and I think it's a very cool and creative website. All of the icons and buttons to click on are interactive and I think this gives it a really different flair, in contrast to other websites that are quite plain, like the office and topman websites. As soon as I entered the website a lot stood out and got me interested straight away. I did have a problem though. I clicked on the mens shoes and waited until some icons popped up but I still couldn't see the shoes clearly. It was only until I clicked on it another three times did it load. I liked all of the creative converse and all of the different styles that are on offer, I think more of the creative converse should be available in shops as in shops only the plain ones are for sale and the occasional different style. There were also some really nice other shoes. I am a big fan of converse so I was bound to like what I saw on the website anyway but all of the plain colour ones such as the whites and navy's are really nice. I also saw this other pair of 'pro leathers' that I haven't seen before, they must be a new brand but they were way too overpriced and I wouldn't be able to afford them which is a shame because I really liked them. This is the pair:


As you can see, $170 is way too much money and I wouldn't spend that much on a pair of trainers.

I then went onto design your own shoe. I think this is a great idea. It's good because it allows people to be creative in their own way. For example if someone knew exactly what they wanted their converse to look like but on the website there were none like they wanted, all they have to do is go onto create your own and they can make what they desire. A feature I really like is the labelling feature that allows you to add some text to your converse. The only criticism I would have is that it only allows you to place the text in two places on the shoe, it would be better if you could choose where you want the text anywhere on the shoe. 

This is the shoe I designed on design your own: 



I chose to create a pair of low top converse all stars. These are quite plain but I think they are really nice. I chose to stick to simple because i'm not too keen on converse with a lot going on. I like to stick to simple as I have done and I think simple converse look the best. I also added my name to the      
shoe. I was surprise at how cheap these were aswell because I thought the delivery and making would add a lot more to the cost but it hasn't.

Music Art Sport Style




This part of the website didn't really interest me and I don't really understand what it is meant for. When you click on it some boxes pop up with some information in but as a shopper on the website I wouldn't have time to read this. I just want to get on the website and shop for my trainers, I think all this additional information is unnecessary but i'm not sure maybe it could interest some people.

No comments:

Post a Comment