Thursday 14 June 2012

Day 7 

Sixth Task


CONVERSE BLOCK PARTY

I think the video is very cool and artistic. It is very well edited and I think it mainly explains exactly what the event is without using any words. It is a bit dark in my opinion and rapping isn't my kind of music but for people who are into rapping it would be very interesting. I like the way only converse clothing is shown and any other brands in the video are blanked out. This is clever marketing because people only see converse and no other brands which focuses their mind on converse. I have never heard of the converse block party before I saw this video. 

The converse block party doesn't really appeal to me. The music they are using is rap and I am not into rap at all. This will appeal to people who are into this kind of music as they will want to hear more of this music. This party is also aimed at older people, from the ages of around 18-25 because there is obviously alcohol which has an age limit. This isn't something I would expect converse to do. To be honest I thought converse were only about shoes so seeing this was a bit of a shock to me. Knowing that converse are not only about shoes, I know what to expect in the future and I know that they are also about music and events rather than just the trainers.



CONVERSE YOUTUBE PAGE

I think these videos are quite interesting. My favourite video was the rubber tracks, tracks of the week. I think the concept of this video is a very good idea and I think that it could be developed more. If every week converse picked the best song of that week and got the band or artist to go to a studio and do a live recording of the song and then post it on youtube, I think it could be a really big thing. I think a lot of fans would watch and subscribe to the channel and look forward to seeing the next videos.

These videos show that converse are more than just a brand of shoe. They are a big brand that are big for more than one reason. They are involved in many things such as music, parties, and they are trying to get more and more known and trying to find new ways to get publicity as we can see through the block party and now through youtube. Youtube is a worldwide website and converse are trying to get publicity through it, so yes it is something I would expect converse to do and I would expect many other brands to do the same thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment